It has been 17 months now that my client has tried to sell he home. Thefirst agent listed it at 849K. The second agent 759K. And me the THIRD women in 679K. I received her first offer about 2 weeks ago. Since the offer was excepted and buyers were told Home inspection was for ther own personl use since she was now selling for assessed value (640). She got water in the basement 20 hours before Home inspection (second time).
Well they would still move forward if she were to install a B-dry System and a Radon System.a few things from Home Inspection etc. Now the buyers want the sheet rock removed and replaced due to the water. But remember before they even put an offer in they were told that 8 months prior there was water in the basement.
They hire there own contractor and his quote is 19K.
So 15K for B-Dry, 1000k for radon ,19K for new sheet rock, and now they want 2800 for new carpets.
Let me mention these buyers said from the biginning they we not going to nickle and dime the seller. I completely inderstand B-dry, Radon maybe the rugs (she just spent 3800 to save them). now 19k for sheet rock.
I have a friend who is a contractor and he will do me a favor for 5K and do the job because I have gotten him so much work over the years. The buyers said that would be fine, but the seller said no way. I am not doing it.
Well tonight I started to show the property again and the smell in the house was foul, and the potential buyer said "I would never pay more than 500K for this house". I have heard that price from at least a half dozen people before. I think the seller is a fruit cake. Sher also said not to disclose any b-dry system to be installed just tell them it got water.
I feel at this point I can't represent her because she wants me to with hold information.
What to do, I would love to hear some feed back regarding my listing from HELL.