The Daily Press today released their "Top Ten Virginia Attractions". Coming in at #1 is Colonial Williamsburg followed at #3 by Virginia Beach and Busch Gardens at #4. Of course I don't think the Daily Press was ranking these in any particular order, just making a list of 10 Attractions. But having been to all three places I can't say I'm surprised they made the list. Here are the other top ten locations.
- Colonial Williamsburg (Williamsburg)
- Luray Caverns (Northern Shenandoah Valley)
- Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach)
- Busch Gardens (Williamsburg)
- Natural Bridge (Lexington)
- Monticello (Charlottesville)
- Mount Vernon (Mount Vernon)
- Kings Dominion (Doswell)
- Hollywood Cemetery (Richmond)
- Wintergreen (Central VA, off Blue Ridge Parkway)
I can't help but think it must have been difficult for the Daily Press to narrow the list down to just ten places. There are so many wonderful attractions in Virginia. I can think at least ten in the Hampton Roads area itself! But instead of just listing what I think are top spots, I would like you input. So Hampton Roads locals, send me your top ten list of local places that are a must "visit" and next week I will post the "Top Ten Hampton Roads Attractions".