Music & Theater
Concerts and theater productions in and around York County
IN THE NEWS
York County native Earl R. Johnson Jr. made his musical dreams real. Read his story and listen to three of his songs here.
This is a list of upcoming concerts and entertainment events. For general information, call the individual number listed. To purchase tickets through TicketMaster online, visit www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase tickets through Charge-By-Phone, call (717) 260-2000; for Philadelphia, call (215) 336-2000; for Baltimore and Washington, D.C., call (410) 481-SEAT.
AUDITIONS & MUSICIANS WANTED
- Classes/workshops: Being offered by DreamWrights Youth & Family Theatre, 100 Carlisle Ave. Information: 848-8623, www.dreamwrights.org.
- Frozen, auditions Aug. 3-4 at York Little Theatre, 27 S. Belmont St. Information: 854-3894.
- A Doll's House, A Christmas Carol and Cyrano de Bergerac, 3-7 p.m. Aug. 23 and 6:30-9:30 p.m. Aug. 24 at Theater of the Seventh Sister, 451 E. Ross St., Lancaster. Information: 396-7764 or www.seventhsister.com.
CD RELEASES: Divas of Jazz "Giving Voice" has raised $90,000 for a
area charities. The CD can be purchased through The Second Mile, 763-4614 or www.thesecondmile.org.
Box Lunch Revue, Courtyard @ Cherry Lane, off West Market Street, 849-2217
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Aug. 27.
Brown's Farm Market & Garden Center, 3100 N. George St., Emigsville, 428-2036, www.brownsorchards.com
---Emigsville Band, 6-8 p.m. July 31.
---Unforgettable, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 7.
---Time Will Tell, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 21.
---Delta Road String Band, 1-4 p.m. Sept. 5.
---Open Mic Night, 5:30-8 p.m. Sept. 11.
Organ recitals, Historical Society Museum, 250 E. Market St., 848-1587, ext 228
12:15 p.m. Fridays, through Aug. 27.
Ski Roundtop, Lewisberry
Anberlin, Aug. 15.
Sounds of Summer Concert, Springettsbury Township Park, off Mount Zion Road, 505-0406
7 p.m. Sundays and Wednesdays, through Aug. 9.
Splash Concert Series, Foundry Park on the Codorus, 200 block of West Philadelphia Street.
7 p.m. Saturdays through Sept.
Aug. 1 Kingsfoil, Dana Alexandra, Davis Howley and the Diction
Aug. 8 The Backroad, Skyfall, Zack Jackson
Aug. 15 A.D. Chandler, Megan and the Wheelmen
Aug. 22 DAvid Stein, Michelle Lewis
Aug. 29 Free jazz concert at the Strand Theatre, 50 N. George St.
Sept. 5 Mark DeRose Band, Slimfit
Sept. 12 Perkasie, Toy Soldiers
Sept. 19 Steven Courtney and his Band of Friends, Mitch Hood
Sept. 26 Extremity, Jeff Stabley & Friends
Strand Theatre, 50 N. George St., 812-0717, 846-1111
York Symphony Orchestra, 8 p.m. Oct. 10, Nov. 14, Feb. 20, March 20, April 10.
Summer Entertainment Series, Cousler Park Stage, Church and Greenbriar roads, 764-4646
7 p.m. July 25, Hicktown; Aug. 1, Spring Garden Band.
William Kain County Park, Lake Redman Stage, 274 Hess Farm Road, 840-7440. All concerts at 6:30 p.m.
Aug. 16 The Brodbecks Band
Aug. 30 Cashers Flat
Sept. 6 Philip Martin
York Fairgrounds Grandstand, 334 Carlisle Ave., 848-2596, www.yorkfair.org
- Kelly Clarkson, 8 p.m. Sept. 11. Tickets: $38-$44.
- Trace Adkins, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 15. Tickets: $30-$35.
- Tantric, Sept. 16. Tickets: $10.
- Alice Cooper, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17. Tickets: $28-$30.
- David Cook, 8 p.m. Sept. 18. Tickets: $32-$35.
- Jeff Durham, 8 p.m. Sept. 19. Tickets: $39-$46.