Electrical Accidents Can Happen When You Least Expect It.
An apartment community was going to have an important HUD inspection for Section 8 housing, and had an electrical concern. A few years ago, an electrical contractor ran a surface mounded conduit on the ceiling from the dining room, through the kitchen, and to the panel. Beside the fact that it looked ugly, HUD will not approve the unit.
So I was asked to make some changes so that it would pass the inspection. This included pulling the wires through the ceiling rather than on the surface. I needed to drill a hole above the panel in an area that I thought would be safe, I was wrong.
Apparently, the contractor ran a wire in the same place that I thought would be safe to drill. The drill bit cut through the romex and there was a shower of sparks raining through the hole. So I had to make some additional repairs that I hadn’t planned on when I started. J
Sometimes these things just happen, even to a contractor.
The good news is that I was able to open the ceiling and fix the problem without calling anyone out. Because of this, we were able to stay on schedule and finish on time; one of the benefit of hiring a licensed contractor. J
Specialists in Dry Rot and Water Damage Repairs